Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Portraits in Charcoal"

I have added another charcoal drawing for you to see. I finished it a couple of weeks ago. This girl is a sweet, beautiful girl who smiles all the time.

The main photo I worked from was actually taken a few months ago. Since that time she has started wearing her hair pulled back in a ponytail. I made the changes in her portrait to reflect her new hairstyle and she loves it.

Three photos were used in producing this portrait. I find that the more reference material I have, the more accurate I can be in my drawing.

When I drew the portrait of C.L., I used a couple of photos for reference as well. It is very helpful to see more than one photo to get the likeness just right.

Send me an email so I can begin a portrait of your loved one: nancyverschoor@toast2.net

Kindest regards,
Nancy Verschoor

nancyverschoor@toast2.net
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee." (1 Timothy 4:14)

No comments: