Monday, October 1, 2007

Gallery Representation

I'm sorry I didn't get to post a blog over the weekend, but I do have some very exciting news: I have been accepted at an art gallery! It is called Rain Bird Gallery and is located a few miles south of Austin. The director told me that there are a huge amount of new homes being built in the area. People are always going there to buy art to hang in their new homes. My sister had stopped at her gallery and asked her to look at this blog site. After viewing it, she discussed my art with the owner and they agreed that my paintings would be a good fit. It is very exciting to be represented by this gallery.

This brings me to another topic. The prices I have had on my works here on the blog are actually rock bottom prices for the kind of work I do. We can call them "Introductory Prices." There are a lot of reasons that the prices can't stay where they are, but the bottom line is, they are going to have to go up.

If you are like me, you tend to procrastinate things. What I will do for you is this. If you place an order for anything on my blog during the month of October, you can purchase it for the current price. On November 1st, the new pricing will go into effect. If you order a commissioned piece from me during October, you can get that at the current commission fees. Those will be increasing in November, also.

On Wednesday, I will be sending six paintings to Hobbs, New Mexico, for the Llano Estacado Art Association (LEAA) Fall Open Art Show. They will be for sale there as well. I have had to raise the prices on those pieces since the LEAA keeps a percentage of each item sold. It is exciting the way so many things are happening now. The paintings that don't sell at this show will be sent to the Rain Bird Gallery.

The blades of grass are finally finished! I haven't had a photo shoot yet, but will do so this afternoon. You can see "Low Plains Drifter" later today. I loved learning how to made this big guy look shaggy and molting. I learn something new on every painting that I do.

Kindest regards,
Nancy Verschoor

nancyverschoor@toast2.net
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee." (1 Timothy 4:14)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.